Monday, July 23, 2007

summer post cards

Here are some post cards I made last week. I have gotten a lot of mileage out of that butterfly fabric! I need to send some thank you notes, farewell notes and I needed some samples. I have been practicing with my new machine and using the BSR (stitch regulator) feature. I love it, it is amazing to be able to machine quilt so easily. I am working on a few samples for classes I am teaching in the Fall at the Franklin Mill Store. They have a beautiful new artists studio! I am working on a Fall bag as a sample for a class and I used some variegated thread......I don't like it - I should have stopped right away but for some unknown reason I kept going. I solved the problem and when I have a chance to take some photos I will post the pictures.



My husband was on vacation last week and I had a lot of time to sew. He took the kids fishing and stuff and I was free to work (my interior design stuff) and quilting. I try to do my work first and then reward my self with time to quilt. He did put Homasote (good for the environment!) up on two of the wall in my "studio" so I have lots of design wall now. It is a paper like product that pins can easily penetrate. I need to paint it, it comes in an ugly gray color, but it looks great!
Maybe if I get it clean enough I will take some pictures :)