Friday, August 17, 2007

A class I am teaching at the Franklin Mill Store




This is a quilt I made for a class I am teaching this fall at the Franklin Mill Store in Franklin MA. The class will show you how to make a quilt from a photo using fusible fabric and machine quilting. I did all of the thread painting when I was quilting ~ in the past I have done some of the applique first but this time I did it all in one step. I practiced doing lots of different machine quilting and only stippled in one small spot. I love stippling and think it has it's place but I do think that using other stitches is fun and the possibilities are endless. I had permission from the photographer to use his photo.

6 comments:

Carol said...

I love your blog! I sure would like to take that class - it looks wonderful. I followed your link from the QuiltArt list - I am one of the many lurkers there.

Jill Smith said...

l love the way you have done your blog and l often visit as your on my favorites. I have just read your postin quiltart and it reminded me when l shut my flower shop and thoght l would have all the time in the world and have no children at home but the time just go'es, don't know were but could do with a ten days week,
Jill,
wwww.fabricholic.bogspot.cm

Sue B said...

Followed your link from the quiltart list. I haven't been in the Franklin Mill store in a long time but used to shop there all the time. I didn't know they did classes there too. Looks like I'll have to take a ride down there and become re-aquainted with the store!

Anonymous said...

Kathleen's landscape is even more beautiful in person. She used a wonderful shade of green thread in the bobbin and the back is as beautiful as the front! Great Job!!
Kathy

Jen R said...

Kathleen...this is the first time I have been to your site...amazingly beautiful work. That's it...I am coming over to see all your work in person!! And the next time Mom is in town from PA...I am dragging her along. She taught me to sew when I was very young...and has since taught all my kids to sew. And they love it - the boys too! She's been quilting since I have been in highschool...and has made some really beautiful quilts. She would love to see your work too! Thanks...Jen

Sue Pelland said...

Guess I have to stop in more often!! Kathleen, I love this quilt...you are amazing! Thanks for sharing...Sue