Wednesday, October 24, 2007

postcards with a purpose

I have been making postcards for lots of different reasons, some happy occasions, some sad. I love making them...they are like making a quick quilt.

I have been busy cleaning and organizing my sewing room for a sewing room tour this weekend with my quilt guild. I believe there are 30 people signed up for the tour. I will post that pictures when it is ready for the crowd.

I have been planning out lots of quilts but I am working on my last two blocks for the slice house quilt round robin I am in (see posts below). This last round has my house in it, I am very excited to see how it comes out! I am also excited to go away with my guild for the weekend in mid November. It is tricky because it starts on my husbands birthday but he didn't mind, he has never big on birthdays.

It has been 7 weeks since my kids have all been in school. I haven't been getting as much done as I thought. Partly because I started exercising and it takes a couple hours between driving to the gym, class, drive home, take a shower...... I feel great but I am losing about 8 hours of housework, sewing time.....

I have been tagged and I will work on that for my next post along with shots from the sewing room tour.