Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Studio Redo

This is my studio/sewing room, in the basement, all cleaned and organized for the sewing room tour my guild had this past Sunday. The tour was great - eight of us opened our homes to members to come and see where we create. My husband (funny guy) called it an inspection all week. kept asking things like "what time is the inspection?"

Back to my new space......I love it! My husband, Kevin, was a huge help. He made: two large design walls using homosote, put tyvek on the ceiling (suspended ceiling to follow when money allows), made me a peg board for all of my scissors, rulers and stuff and he has been a great support in getting me an awesome space I can work in.

One of my favorite parts of is the two tables pushed together, one has an ironing mat on it and one has the cutting mat. Together they make a great space to work, especially when doing a fusible project.


I have taken shots from each corner so you can see the whole thing.



4 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Congratulations on your new studio! Wow, very spacious, organized, and CLEAN! I keep the room with my Gammill pretty nice since customers come in there, but entering my sewing room is a No-No. Any visitors attempting to come in might never be found again...

Clevelandgurlie said...

Ah, what a lovely studio you have. It's nice to see a neatly organized space like this. It makes creating a much more "zen" experience. I just cleaned up my room Sunday -- ahhhhhhhhh.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I like your studio. Wish mine were all neatened up like that. Maybe I need an "inspection" to spur me to get organized.

Judy said...

Hi Kathleen,
Your sewing studio is fantastic! So much space, and I particularly admire your shelving and tables. I keep thinking I'll get mine cleaned up, but that never seems to happen.....I'd rather play than clean!
xo