Tuesday, December 11, 2007

busy, busy, busy

Below are some postcards I made at a Handmade Holiday open house at the Franklin Mill. I was able to sit for 5 hours demonstrating how to make a quilted postcard. It was a good gig! The Christmas ones are going to be our Christmas card this year. I normally send out a picture but this year the kids weren't cooperating.....I had started a Christmas table cloth years ago in the braid pattern. I decided I would never finish it so I cut it up for postcards and a tote bag for a Christmas gift. The flag postcard is for service members in my area (I made 20 so far). The local newspaper has been listing service members addresses overseas so I will be sending them a quilted postcard.

I love this one, it came together very quickly and I am happy with results.

The fourth in a series of Journal Quilts my guild is doing for our show. This is my daughter Morgan who just turned 16 and is the oldest of four. Side note - one of the reasons I have not blogged in a while, We have 3 birthdays and Thanksgiving in a two week span in this house. Not much gets done with the shopping, wrapping, cooking, baking, party throwing...... Morgan is an awesome kid....She plays field hockey and lacrosse, high honors student, works as a babysitter and at the Christmas tree farm across the street, student council member, impact team member......She is a terrific kid and I am so lucky to call her my daughter.

This is a baby quilt I made for a neighbor (also my daughters' math teacher) who had a baby boy a few weeks ago. I used the hand dyed fabrics I made a few months back. I made it spur of the moment but I got it done in about 3 hours.

2 comments:

Brigitte (SE. Louisiana) said...

Love the postcards and your portrait quilt is awesome

yarngoddess said...

I've never tried to do a portrait - seems like a big challenge! This one is my favorite of the children's journals. I think the eyes are better and they seem to be the key to a really good likeness. Thanks for sharing these.