Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother/Quilter


This is my oldest daughter, Morgan, before prom last Friday night. She was (is)beautiful. The boy who asked her is a friend. We had never met him until he showed up at the door, cute kid. She has braces so she is trying to hide them in the pictures. She is a sophomore so I can look forward to 2 more proms for her, I don't want to count the total including her 2 sisters and her brother.

I have some exciting news regarding quilting. 2 of my quilts will be hanging at the Mazmanian Gallery at Framingham State (class of '88) during alumni weekend in their Alumni Art Show.

I gave a lecture a few weeks ago to a guild in Townsend, MA on the slice house quilts process. There were 125 people in the room. They were a great guild with lots of good things they do and a lot of show and tell, my favorite part of our meetings.

The end of school is quickly approaching which means I better get any quilting projects done soon. I am working on my challenge. I am using all hand dyed fabrics. We have gotten together 3 times now to dye and the results get better and better. I am sketching lots of ideas for future quilts so hopefully I will find some time to make them during the summer.

I am working with my daughter Paige's class (3rd grade) making a Massachusetts quilt as a gift for her teacher Mrs. Berthao. Each child chose a symbol to reproduce in fabric. It is going to be awesome. I will post pictures when it is done.

I made this bag for my friend Tammy Sue...She is an unbelievable quilter/artist. It was a little nerve wracking to pick out the fabric but she was pleased. I found a great glass button from a vendor at our quilt show and the best bra fabric for the lining. She was chairperson for our Embellished Bra Exhibit at our last quilt show so it was appropriate. It is jeweled, of course.


No comments: