Friday, May 30, 2008

What's your bag?

I am teaching a class called What's your bag? The gist is that you make the bag the size you want, no pattern needed. People like my bags but often say "I would like to make one smaller, taller, more pockets, longer handles....Check out the cool glass button from We've Got the Buttons - She was a vendor at our show and I bought several....wish I bought more. I bought the piece of hand dyed fabric at the sew expo. but I don't remember from who. They were a nice couple and very helpful. My friend Susan F. bought a beautiful piece of brown from them.
This is Paige, daughter number 3! She just turned 9 and here she is opening presents. She is a great kid, so easy going and smart. Happy Birthday Paige!
I am trying to get a lot of quilting done in the next two weeks. Summer vacation with four kids doesn't allow for much to to make ART! A couple have asked to sew with me during the summer so that will do, I guess:) I am looking forward to the break in activities...

3 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Love the bags- also the beautiful brass hooks in the photographs. I met the lady from We Got the Buttons at MQX last year, and bought way too many. They do have a website if you need some more!

lizap said...

Hi Kathleen-
June's friend Elizabet here. I saw the bag June made in your class and it's adorable! It's a trek out to your neck of the woods but I just might have to crash one of your classes sometime.

p.s. Your blog looks great!

Kathleen McKenna Murphy said...

Hi Elizabet,

You will have to come to the weekend away with the guild and I will show you how. I will be doing a class at the Franklin Mill Store this fall...

hope to see you soon!