Thursday, October 02, 2008

IQF Winner

I got a phone call today...One of the best I have ever had...my quilt "slice of life" won a cash prize at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. I entered in the group category and so I share the honor with the 7 woman who made a block for my quilt: Suzanne Thibeault, Louise Redding, Gail Niland, June Peckingam, Carol Middleton, Jane Lowell and Linda Ramrath. The subject line was the heading of the email I got.
This is such an honor. I would love to go and receive the prize in person. I don't know if I can make it happen but I will try. Anyone have a friend in Houston that wouldn't mind a house guest:)?

I also entered the quilt below "Jade Willow" but it didn't get in.

I love the story of the blue willow and have a collection of blue willow plates. I made this quilt to be hung over the bed in our masterbedroom done in the same color scheme.
this is a close up of the willow tree, it's 3D I want to do that again, loved the results.

the color is off in this picture the true wall color is in the background of the quilt photo

7 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

What a wonderful honor! Congratulations on the big win in Houston!

Roberta Ranney said...

Congratulations Kathleen for your win in Houston and your sale of a quilt. Two super events in one week!

Vivien said...

Congratulations on both your successes this week! Sounds like it's ice cream for dinner tonight.

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

Congrats Kathleen! Your dream is coming true!!!

Kathleen McKenna Murphy said...

Thanks Everyone for your kind words. I am in the process of making plans to go to Houston. That would be the icing on the cake!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

Good to see you today and loved pawing through all the luscious Murphy bags!

Junie said...

You rock!! That is so awesome!!