Wednesday, October 08, 2008

making plans

Well, I am going to Houston! I found some roommates (really they found me but you know what I mean) They are members of quiltart.com and both of them have been to Houston before. One of them is a winner from the 2006 show. The other is a winner because she had the room reservation! The International Quilt Festival has 50,000 attendees each year. I will be gone from 10/28 to 11/2...I am so thankful my family is supportive of me going. I will miss a couple of things going on, Halloween for one. Halloween with 4 kids can be challanging with two parents:) I know Kevin can handle it and hopefully Morgan and Jillian will help Paige and Griffin with their costumes maybe they read my blog?)


Here are some photos of the quilt I sold this week. It is from a photo Kevin took of a waterfall at the Mumford River in Uxbridge, MA. I couldn't find the photo in my pictures but I think it is in his folder, I will look later. I made two of them, the other one is very similar but not exactly the same. There are NO crystals on it but lots of pretty threads and silk fabric. I got most of the Batik fabric at the quilter's loft in Webster MA. I heard they are closing:( I went with my friend Kathy - you can check out her blog from the link to the right of this page - finishing lines. She is an unbelievable quilter/artist and a great friend.




I sold 5 Murphybags this week! What a thrill to make something that you love and have other people want one too.

4 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I am so happy for you to be able to claim your award in person, and see all the quilts and vendors at Houston! And selling bags and also a beautiful art quilt...you are on a roll, girl!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

The pictures of your quilt came out great. Awesome about your Murphy bag sales!!

lizap said...

Congratulations on your quilting honor! That is so exciting and I'm glad to hear you'll be going to claim it in person.

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,

Your blog looks great!! Congratulations on your quilt and your handbags are awesome. I wish I was still in MA for all your inspiration. Miss you.

ST