Thursday, January 29, 2009

Secret Valentine Revealed

My guild has a Secret Valentine Swap every year. This is one of the best parts about the guild. You make something for a member anonymously and mail it or deliver it to her for Valentines Day. I have received many beautiful things,a rumbleford bag, table runner, quilt, etc. Below is the Valentine I am sending off. I made the apron using an apron I have as a guide. There are Swarovski crystals all over it! I hope she likes it:) I also bought her a cloisonne brown and pink tape measure but I forgot to photograph it and it's already wrapped. Everyone brings in their gift to the February meeting, we sit in a huge circle and we introduce ourselves to each other and show off our Valentine. The funnest part of this is that some people have hilarious stories about how they delivered it or how they received it. Last year my friend Jen donned a wig and sang like Cher when she delivered my Valentine for me. It was a hoot. I don't think my Secret Valentine uses the computer much (I asked her DIL) so no worries that she will see it early.







I met up with friends from high school last weekend in my hometown of Melrose MA. It was great to see them. I left at 17 for college and never really went back home. I felt like a journalist asking a million questions. We are getting together again in a few weeks because a freind who moved to FL is coming home. I am looking forward to seeing them all again. We found each other again through facebook!


2 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

That is a very elegant apron! And it is not helping my will power on the South Beach diet!LOL

I just joined Facebook, and it is another fun way to entertain myself on the computer.

lizap said...

Love the apron. That fabric is fabulous!