Monday, January 19, 2009

Studio Redo Again

When I was in Houston at the International Quilt Festival I bought a Bernina Quilting Frame. I can use it with my Aurora 440. It came in several boxes so I asked Kevin to assemble it for me as a Christmas gift. While planning where it would go in the studio (cellar) we started talking about my sewing table. I wanted one that had a bigger surface. Below are the results of that conversation. The table was built for the garage to store the kids toys on and under. It was a great idea but ended being a catch all. Kevin cut the legs down to the perfect height and then cut spaces for my machines. It wasn't that long ago that I fixed up my studio but somehow we were redoing it again. I guess it will be a constant evolution to the perfect space.

In the photo are the cool quilting lights my sister Maureen gave me for Christmas....

From this shot you can see that both machines are on one side of the table. Great for sewing with the kids. I keep the Bernina 1130 threaded with white and use it for all those things that need to be peiced...
This is my tool box that I keep next to my sewing table. I have been using it for about 10 years. It's on wheels and I take it with my when I go away quilting with my guild. I love it....
These are my purchases from The City Quilter in NYC. It was on my list of places to go. Great shop with lots of fabric choices. The piece of lexan was cut by Kevin for me as a trimmer for my postcards. He has cut a bunch for friends, too.
This is my favorite part of the new sewing table. The storage space is awesome. Everything that I need is right there in front of my but not in my way!

Here is the new frame. My friend Kathy Sperino - Finishing lines is going to come over and help me get my first "quilt" on it so I can start practicing! She is unbelievably talented and I am lucky to have her as a friend!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow, Kathleen! What a great space! I hope to get a tour sometime....
Cathy (in NE PA, trying to tidy up her own studio)

norma said...

It looks like a very efficient space. That new work table looks super!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

KM- That's filthy! (isn't that the new word for totally awesome?!Can't wait to see it in person, I may never leave. I have been using my postcard template a ton- love it.
see you soon.
KS.

EileenKNY said...

Kathleen,
What a great room! I love the sewing table-your husband did a very good job with the cut outs. If it were mine, I'd never leave.

Jackie said...

What a great quilting space! Right now I'm using our dining room but I can't wait to get a space of my own!

FoulkeArt said...

I LOVE the City Quilter in New York. I take an empty suitcase, and it's the first place I go!!