Monday, April 27, 2009

Blue Willow Progress

I have made a lot of progress on the quilt but it is not quit finished. I am done quilting it and I'm pleased with how it came out. I faced this quilt and love the results. I put crystals on there, more to put on just waiting until I have finished the three people on the bridge and of course the birds.
I am hoping to enter it into Houston International Quilt Festival. I am going back this year and bringing 7 friends who have not been:)

I am pleased with the fence, it's 3D. I had just enough thread - it was scary watching the last little bit come off the spool as I finished the last section of fence.
I love the tree with the silk trunk, I think its that Broderie Perse flowers. There are about 35 different blue fabrics in the quilt.
The willow branches are 3D and tacked on so that they have some deminsion and texture.
Below is how it will look when it's all done. It will be under the glass of our dining room table. You can see the facing in this shot.
When it's all done I will post another picture. Hopefully by then I will have started my next quilt too:)

2 comments:

lizap said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Tina Marie Rey said...

That is a really beautiful piece - ty for sharing it with us!