Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2010 Award Winning Quilts Calendar

I was excited to get the mail today...the calendar with my quilt came in the mail! It's so cool to see something you made in a product sold to so many people.


The other quilts are amazing and I have seen them all in person because they are all winning quilts from the International Quilt Festival 2008 Show. The page above has a nice write up about each quilt and quilter.
My quilt is the month of August which is perfect since I took the picture for the quilt in August. The garden looks just like that as I write.
Martingale Press prints the calendar and they did a beautiful job. Mary Green was so helpful they even sent me a disk of the shot the photographer, Brent Kane, took of my quilt for the calendar. You can read more about the here . It was part of a Round Robin Slice Quilt made with 7 woman who made a block for my quilt: Suzanne Thibeault, Louise Redding, Gail Niland, June Peckingam, Carol Middleton, Jane Lowell and Linda Ramrath. They each ended up with a quilt too.
They were on display as a special exhibit at the Lowell Quilt Festival. The pictures below show all the quilts.


8 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

How exciting to see your quilt in print! That's quite an honor!

Loreen Leedy said...

Congratulations, Kathleen, nice work. It's fun being a calendar girl, isn't it? Your Murphy bags are very cool, too!

norma said...

I saw your quilt at Lowell and it's a beauty! Congratulations!

moonlightingquilts said...

Too cool! I saw your quilt in Houston and loved it. I look forward to seeing the calendar. Will I see you (and another quilt) in Houston this year?

Kathleen McKenna Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen McKenna Murphy said...

Thanks everyone! I will be back in Houston this year, bringing 5 friends...we are staying at the Hilton.

Margarete said...

Kathleen, I am so happy that your quilt was chosen for the calendar! It's absolutely wonderful. I will be buying several for myself and for gifts. Also, saw all the slice exhibit at Lowell and it was very impressive! Brava!

Jamie Fingal said...

I love seeing all of the houses in a row. How exciting for you. They are all so beautiful. Congratulations!