Friday, August 07, 2009

Fall on Your Wall

I got a letter from the International Quilt Festival Houston asking me to donate a quilt for their silent auction during the show-so I will have a quilt in the IQF show after all :)Below is the quilt I made "Fall on Your Wall". I have made a few like this but this one is slightly larger and I handled the reflection differently. I couldn't believe I had that (the reflection) fabric in my stash. I wanted to use only batiks and I didn't want to buy any fabric. I quilted it on my new Bernina quilting frame and I am feeling a little more confident.



I tried to quilt in tree branches to fill the space. I used 5 different colored threads in the tree quilting and then I used a decorative quilting stitch to applique the trees down.
I not only found the perfect fabric for the reflection but I had the perfect variegated thread too!
Below is a picture of Griffin with the pillow he made. I told Paige and Griffin we would sew this summer and it finally happened. It went really well and it will happen again:) They both did such a good job with matching their squares and keeping the pattern that we laid out originally.

This is Paige with her pillow. We used fabrics that are in her bed quilt. She did and awesome job, too. They both enjoyed the stuffing part. I don't know what we will make next...maybe some grocery store bags.

1 comment:

norma said...

Your auction quilt is lovely-----what a good use of batiks. Your reflection fabric is perfect.
Your children are adorable and excellent pillow makers!