Monday, August 24, 2009

Iraqi Bundles of Love

I am participating in this great idea! You can too...here is the link to the Iraqi Bundles of Love blog. There is also a Face Book page. Basically you get a medium size APO box ($11.95 to ship) from your post office...follow Art's (he is a Major in the Army serving in Iraq who has a wife and family members who are quilters) instructions on filling the box and send it to him. He'll do the rest. I love the idea of helping woman and girls less fortunate to sew/quilt. You can also visit Sewmamasew.com and they will ship a bundle for you. The picture below is a request from Art to take a picture of my husband (an army vet) eating ice cream after sunset. It's a bowl of Hood Red Sox Caramel Comeback...he was happy to oblige.....


Here is the stack of fabrics I pulled from my stash...
Here is an overall shot of the stuff I am sending....
It feels good to pay it forward.

3 comments:

imquilternity said...

WOW...what a wonderful bundle you've put together!

IBOL Guy said...

I almost peed in my pants -- what a trooper he is!

Kathleen McKenna Murphy said...

it felt great to go through my stuff and pull the things I know I won't use or don't need. I hope whoever gets it likes what I sent:)