Wednesday, September 23, 2009

altering * practicing * giving

I am getting my quilt ready to send to the AQS show in Des Moines. I needed to move the sleeve a bit to give it some slack.
It's called 1970's Corduroy because it reminds me of a dress I had as a child. I used my hand dyed fabric to match the border fabric.


I have always liked the back of this quilt. I used a thread that was too big but the shapes are pretty.

I am taking a class with Diane Loomis. She is an unbelievable quilter, her work is outstanding. I am learning so much from her. I seem to want to move too fast, I must slow down if I want to improve but it's hard. I have 4 kids! I am so lucky to be home all day with them all in school now (my youngest is in third grade) for 3 years. I have a lot of catching up to do and I have so much I want to make.
We used Silk Charmeuse and silk thread.





I made some postcards for friends who have had some health problems. I love making them, they are tiny little canvas's where you can do whatever you want.

I used triangles cut hexagons, silk waste ( which I discovered along with a million other cools things from two workshops I took with Christine Fries), variegated thread and Swarovski crystals.



1 comment:

Vicki W said...

All cool stuff! I love the 1970's corduroy.