Thursday, September 10, 2009

recycling shirts and donating more art

I finished my donation for the International Quilt Festival in Houston. I put a little binding on it. No crystals though, unusual for me...
I ended up making two quilts, I like to give back when I can. It was such a special thing to go to Houston last year. The IQA treated me so well that I wanted to say thank you. I hope they raise some money with my donations. I faced this one, I love the facing, it works well for a landscape.

Here are the supplies I used last week to recycle a shirt that had a stain on it. I bought the paints in Houston from Artistic Artifacts. I had the other stuff lying around. I learned (of course you always do with the first) I am looking forward to making more. I have a few shirts with stains...
Here is the shirt! It washed beautifully and I got a few compliments on it when I wore it the other day...I offered to do some for some friends, for practice.
I need help deciding which Murphy Bag to donate to a Breast Cancer Fundraiser. Which one do you think I should donate?

1 comment:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

That T-shirt is so cool. Artistic Artifacts was at NC Quilt Symposium in Raleigh this year, and I dropped big bucks there.

Love that landscape quilt with the reflection in the water.

I would donate the pink and black one for the Breast Cancer fundraiser. But I am sure they would love any one you choose.