Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Black and White Diaper Bag

I have a bunch of pictures to upload from my trip to Houston (I had a blast) but until I do that here are some shots of a commissioned bag I made. They wanted a diaper bag and wallet made from the same black and white fabric I used in a bag I made last year for the recipient. They wanted the J added to personalize it. I made the changing mat out of some soft white fabric I had and white Naugahyde.
I used metallic thread for the quilting on the J...always a challenge but with nice results.

It measures 20"x15"x4" - it has a zipper closure and 10 pockets inside.
I used a cute black and white polka dot for the handles and a hand dyed (purchased in Houston) turquoise for the welt and J.

The wallet is a design by June Peckingham...I have made it several times and it always comes out nice. I added an outside pocket for a cell phone. I also did a velcro closure instead of a snap.
Swarovski crystals added to the bag and wallet give it that special sparkle I love:)
The inside has a 6 credit card pockets, a check book and cash section and a zippered pocket for change. There is also a spot for recietps behind the zippered section and a wristlet. I had fun pulling fabric for this one.
I delivered it today and they loved it:)

2 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Lovely projects...I also like the interior fabric of the bag!

Kathleen McKenna Murphy said...

Thanks Jeanne ~ it was a lot of fun to make:)