Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Kevin and I went to the Fuller Craft Museum last week. We had a wonderful time. We took lots of pictures of very cool art. We had a delicious lunch at the museum. Below is the coolest polymer art piece.

It's about 5' tall, and the colors are amazing!


Here were are...we both realize we are looking older:)
I have been busy making bags...I love the gigham and strips...
I did a lot of quilting on the bag below, and I tea dyed it so the white became a little more like beige.
This bag is a nice combo of off whites and blacks, neutral and funky!

My hand dyed blue free motion quilted. I love the red in the print, so electric!
I made this little cosmetic bag with some pretty scraps... it's 3"X9"
I am heading to the International Quilt Festival in Houston on the 13th. One week from today. I am going with some friends from my quilt guild. I am rooming with June. We both signed up for classes. I am taking a few painting on fabric classes, a foiling class and a machine quilting forum and the sampler on Friday. I am heading to the MIU/Quilting Arts booth 1244 to see what they have in store...they are a fun crowd. I am hoping to come home with new fabrics for more bags and some new painting techniques. The hardest part about going is leaving the family. Kevin is awesome but four kids and a dog are a lot to manage. I know they will do really well but I will miss them! Love you guys and thanks for letting me go away!

No comments: