Monday, November 30, 2009

Christine Fries Workshop

I took a workshop with Christine Fries in September (I am program chair of my quilt guild, thimble pleasures) and I loved it! She is the best lecturer and speaker~ I learned so much from her workshop. She is knowledgeable about everything; thread, tension, applique...
I bought her painted background at the workshop. She sells everything you need during her workshop. She has specific things she likes and she has good reason for liking them. Her quilts are just amazing. I feel lucky to have something of hers. I will admit it is tough to make a piece that looks just like someone else's work. I will continue to take classes though because I learn so much each time.

You can click on the pictures for a closer look....

Making the hedge hogs was so fun, we used water soluble and tulle in a hoop.

We also made the butterflies with water soluble and fabric. Her butterflies were gorgeous.

I love the 3D effect of the leaves and grasses.



I had the perfect color thread for quilting...always a good thing.


My daughter Jillian wants this quilt so she will get it for Christmas:) ssshhhhhh don't tell her.