Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Morgan!

Morgan (my oldest) turned 18 last week! I can't believe it. She is a remarkable girl. I am very proud of her. Whatever she does in life, she will be successful. She is planning on Nursing school and has all her college applications in...now to see where she will go. She will make a great nurse. I love this picture of her (she is the red head on the right and that is Paige on the left). It was taken at the Frog Pond at the Boston Common a few years ago. She is brave enough to try anything but smart enough to be cautious. We used to build a skating rink in the back yard - fun for the whole family.
I sold this bag last week, to a wonderful client in Florida. I hope she likes it:)
I made this Christmas tree skirt during my weekend get a way with my quilt guild. I saw the pattern here at sew4home which I found through Vicki Welsh's Whistlestop Web Tour.
I wanted to buy new fabrics for it but I am trying to use up what I have. My friends at the GAW thought it looked like something from the new Dr. Seuss' Grinch movie...that was the goal:)
I did a little quilting and added some Swarovski crystals.
Here is a postcard I made for a friend who just had surgery. She is a quilter so I knew this would be perfect for her. It is a Michael Miller fabric called Dysfunctional Family:)
I made and sent 4 postcards the other day. These are the simple type just fabric and crystals. Everyone seems to enjoy getting them.

No comments: