Monday, November 09, 2009

Thankful Everyday...

Here is what I did with my painted pieces from one of my classes in Houston. Look at the post below for details. I had fun (most important part) and did the whole thing in about 2 hours. I am under the gun to finish something for a challenge. I needed a 10" x 10" piece about being Thankful ~ this represents so many things to be thankful about but the one I wanted to express was my trip to Houston. I am so lucky to be able to go away and do what I love with the full support of my family. I wake up thankful everyday!

This picture was taken inside and the colors are true. I used my hand dyed fabric for the borders.

This picture was taken outside (beautiful sunny day) and you can see the quilting a little better. I tried to add ghost black eyed susan's in the quilting and some meandering for fill. I know people say it's overused but sometimes it's the right choice...like today when time was short:)

I took this picture about a month ago...before I went to Houston. I think it would make a great painted piece....I am looking forward to using acrylics on fabric again.

I am participating in Art Everyday of the Month and so far it has been wonderful. I sew everyday but doing it purposefully to be creative has be great.

6 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

This piece turned out so great!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Your art every day is gorgeous! Love the colors and the THANKFUL theme is awesome.

I don't quilt, but I am wondering how to incorporate this idea of "story telling squares" into the work I do.

Hmmmm. THANK YOU for the inspiration!

Sharon said...

This is a very lovely piece.

norma said...

It's a lovely little piece and the quilting is perfect!

Sue Bleiweiss said...

this piece is wonderful Kathleen!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is beautiful! I especially love how you echoed the flower design in the border.