Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Crafts 2009 and Blue Willow installed

I made this for my step mother, I am not sure if she looks at my blog but if she does.....Merry Christmas. I try to make her something every year. I got this kit from a friend in my guild. This is the site grabngokits. They are so fun to make. She gives you everything you need in the kit to work on it, anywhere. She even encloses a little pair of scissors.
I didn't pay attention to where the leaves would fall and realized that when I put the red petals on. I ended up doing this one on the machine but I am working on one by hand right now. I have enjoyed sitting by the fire and the Christmas tree working on it.
I finally put my quilt under the table and here is why. I was lecturing at the Hannah Dustin Quilt Guild in Hudson NH last week and brought this as part of my lecture (you can see more photos of it if you scroll down). I told them that it was to put under the glass of my dinning room table. One of the questions at the end of the lecture was "Have you put it under the glass yet?" and I had to admit that I hadn't. I guess I wasn't ready to commit that it was finished and that now one will spill something that seeps under the glass.


5 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

What a cool idea to have your quilt under glass on your table. I'm curious, did the table come with the glass or did you have it custom made?

Kathleen McKenna Murphy said...

Hi Terri,

Thanks:) I was out of wall space and wanted to make this quilt for my dinning room.
I had the glass cut to fit the table. We eat at the table often and I wanted easy clean up.

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

This looks fantastic Kathleen!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Blue Willow looks fantastic in your dining room! And I also like the wool table cozy. What a nice gift!

Sue Bleiweiss said...

What a great idea to put it under glass on the table Kathleen and it looks terrific!