Sunday, February 21, 2010

food looks better on blue and white china...

That is the title I chose for my entry into my guild's ( Thimble Pleasures Quilt Guild ) Special Exhibit at our biennial show ~ March 13&14 2010 10-4. The SE this time is Embellished Aprons! The proceeds (from donations during the show) going towards Women's Heart Health.
I have a nice collection of blue and white fabric so it seemed simple to use it up for this and it matches my kitchen. I am keeping my apron (because I need one and it took me all day to make) but some are auctioning theirs off at the show. 

I used Mistyfuse to apply the tea cups. It was the perfect material to help keep the soft lines of the bodice. I used a wide (both ways) zig zag in a variegated thread.

This is the book I used. Every apron in it is adorable.
This is the style I made. It was difficult. I had 19 cut pieces to put together, that's a lot for an apron!
The results are worth it though. It is a flattering style and will be fun to wear.
I took the book to Staples and for a few bucks they blew it up 400% and gave it to me on one big sheet that I was able to cut up into very nice pattern pieces. This part was very easy:)

2 comments:

Sue Bleiweiss said...

awesome apron!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

That is so cute! You are going to disappear in your dining room among your walls, table cover, and dishes!

We will be doing embellished aprons for the next Symposium that my guild hosts in 2011.