Sunday, February 28, 2010

a fun day of dyeing fabric and a couple of commissions...


I had a blast dyeing fabric with Sue and Kathy on Friday. Sue had everything all ready for us to play. We brought some things we wanted to dye and Sue had pfd cotton there too. Thanks to both of them for sending me some photos.

Here are the delicious bottles of color....

One of my pieces...I mostly stuck the fabric in a small zip lock bag and squirted a few colors on the fabric and let it blend....

 
The piece below is a quilted piece of muslin that was my practice piece when I first bought my Bernina quilting frame. I squirted 4 colors on this and let in blend....I think it is going to make a great bag:)

    
Here is part of my results...wonderful colors...I can't wait to make something with them.
 
I had some doilies from my friend Susan and they loved the dye...I don't know what I will do with them but I am looking forward to time to play with them. 
 

Below are two Murphy Bags I made for a returning client. She sent me the fabric and I emailed her photos I took of some options.


I had to piece the handle fabric...it was tricky but the results came out pretty good.

4 comments:

Sue Pelland said...

Gorgeous bags and fabric Kathleen! It the fabric you dyed and quilted Silk?? The colors are luscious. I have a billion things to do before the show, so I've been hibernating! See ya in a couple weeks! SP

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

The fabrics turned out beautiful and the bags are super. I especially like the bl/wh one!

Jen aka Quiltah said...

Great colors. Dying is so much fun, want to try wool when the weather get better.

Vicki W said...

Beautiful fabrics!