Thursday, February 11, 2010

sticking to it

I have been thinking a lot about staying with something. I have been quilting away on this quilt. It is for my guilds quilt show March 13 and 14. I really want to get it done. I sometimes feel like I have OCD about it. I can't do anything else and I take every chance I can to work on it. Even if it's 15 minutes.

I found this bamboo stitch on the blog freemotionquilting.blogspot.com. I am using a different stitch in a different thread in each color on the quilt.
I have decided not to take out any stitches! I feel so glad that I made that decision...I look at it as a practice piece. Mostly because I know I will remodel my room someday and make a new quilt.


It's the first time I put such a big quilt on the frame and the 5th quilt I have quilted on it. I have been machine quilting since 1995 but on the frame is different. I struggle with length of stitch. I am not using the BSR because I lose harp space and I need every stitch I can get with my 440.


My stops and starts are probably wrong for a show quilt but this is going on my bed! I will be using it everyday and washing it often. I basically stopped the way I started each stitch. I would run in an 1/8th of inch back and forth 4 or 5 times. I know it will never come out because I have tried before:)




4 comments:

mallorymurray said...

Oooh, I love all of your quilting. Very pretty.

Judy said...

That is one lovely quilt Kathleen!

xo

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

It looks very serene and elegant, Kathleen!

Jackie said...

It's a gorgeous quilt and I like the way you're quilting it. I especially like that you're not going to pull out any stitches!