Monday, March 15, 2010

accidental series and seeing your quilt in print

This was exciting news! My quilt "Blue Willow" was in The Quilter Magazine. They did a photo spread from the quilt show A Quilter's Gathering and included mine. Most of the quilts they shot were the ribbon winners, all beautiful and I'm glad I saw them in person. I did not win a ribbon at the show so I feel kind of lucky they included my quilt. The quilt did win 2nd place in the Large Wall Quilts category at my guilds show this past weekend.

My Quilt is on the bottom left, I am "friends" with some of these artists on Facebook and follow their blogs. Really amazing work!

This was the piece I donated to the Auction for my guilds quilt show. It is the 4th in what has turned out to be a series. Mainly because when I sewed the strips together they ended up being 44" x 40". The inspiration is from a photograph Kevin took of the Mumford River in Uxbridge, MA. You can see the other quilts in this series here and here.
I quilted this one on my frame with my Bernina 440 QE using my BSR foot. I haven't used that much - I think I need to bring it in for an update or maybe it's user error? I was pretty pleased with the results but I still get some skipped stitches when I use it.


Fall on your Wall #4 2010
Using up every piece of the strip, I took the waste I cut off the tree line to create another one for a postcard.



Update on the Sage and Brown Quilt....It is done and this is how it will look when we start using it this summer. It is still too cold around here but come May, we will be using it regularly. It won a "Chairman's" ribbon at the quilt show....I think that is very special. Whomever gave it to me knows how long it took and what a milestone it was to finish, thank you!

5 comments:

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

all good stuff Kathleen and the quilt looks great on your bed!

Judy said...

congrats on being published......and on all of your other beautiful pieces!
it's a shame that your new quilt can't reside on your bed year-round....but it's also understandable!

xo

quilthexle said...

Thanks sooo much for the hint! I'm following your blog on bloglines, and today I read about the article in "The Quilter Magazine". There's my quilt, too! On the right side of yours. I just ordered the magazine right away. Thanks again - and see you in blogworld ! Take care,Frauke / www.quilthexle.blogspot.com

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Lots of great news and beautiful quilts here. Your bedroom quilt is so serene.

American Quilter's Society said...

Kathleen, thanks for leaving your blog site for us to read, it's a great blog. Check our facebook page on Friday to find out the winner of the Blog-of-the-Week!

This brown quilt is amazing!

www.americanquilter.com