Saturday, March 06, 2010

My Secret Valentine!



This is the beautiful Secret Valentine I received! I love the colors and the work is absolutely lovely. It is hand appliqued and hand quilted. I don't have any quilts that are hand quilted so this is a real treasure! Thank you to Deb!


She chose these colors because I answered a little questionnaire my guild sends out so you can get an idea of what your SR likes or better yet, doesn't like. I listed purple and chartreuse as some of my favorite colors. Check out the pretty flange and hand quilting!

New bag....love the color scheme on this one! I did a lot of free motion quilting on the floral fabric and added some crystals. The handle is adjustable, I like the tie handle, it adds more texture to the bag.
Close up of the quilting and the blanket stitch I did around the green hand dyed "belt"
There are 9 pockets in the bag, loads of storage:)
Reminder about our quilt show....March 13 and 14 2010 from 10-4 both days. March 13 & 14, 2010 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School
65 Pleasant St, Upton, MA

Detail of our new 2010 raffle quilt (pictured above) made by our guild members. Raffle tickets available at the show, drawing will be Sunday, March 14, 2010.

Please join us and see over 180 Quilts made by members; our Women's Heart Health Apron Exhibit - beautifully embellished aprons made by guild members with proceeds to benefit Women's Heart Health; and our Youth Quilter's Exhibit.

Also stop by our Boutique and Silent Auction featuring various quilts, quilting related items, patterns and books from guild members. We will also have over 10 vendors offering a variety of sewing and quilting goods.

$5 admission – Ample parking and handicapped accessible.

Pictured above - Our new 2010 raffle quilt, "Starlite Gardens", made by our guild members. Based on an original pattern, "Garden I Dream About", by Peggy Waltman of Hopskotch Quilting Company.


Reminder about our quilt show one week from today!

1 comment:

Sue Bleiweiss said...

wow that valentine quilt is beautiful and so is the new bag!orag