Monday, March 22, 2010

quilt show wrap up and back to the 80's

Back to the 80's! We went to a PTO fundraiser Saturday night and it was a howl! It was fun getting ready. I had everything on hand which is kind of scary. Poor Kevin went as a "pretty boy" instead of the grungy punk rocker he really was. I grew up in Melrose (part of Boston proper) and all of the boys dressed like this....

Here is one of my favorite quilts from our show. It was made by Jane H. It is a commemorative quilt from her service in the Navy. She did a beautiful job. I love the dog tags and the photo of her.
My Blue Willow got a ribbon which was very nice....second place in the large wall category, I don't have a photo of the one that got the blue ribbon but it is an absolutely gorgeous quilt, made by my friend Tami Sue, with tons of embellishments and thread work.
We sent out fiber postcards to our local and national state reps and senators and one came! This is State Rep. John Fernandez with our guild founder, Joyce Gilmore.
I won these in the quilt show auction! My friend Sue A. (guild president) made them, they are deliciously warm and comfortable.
I made a black and white bag recently for a client and she asked me if I could make another with the same fabrics tea dyed. Below are the fabrics before and after tea dyeing.
Here is the bag....the tea dyeing makes it look richer.

2 comments:

Sue Bleiweiss said...

Love the way the tea dyeing looks on those fabrics, it really gives them a much more sophisticated look. That bag is gorgeous!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

The bag turned out great Kathleen.