Sunday, April 04, 2010

new backpack

I have been asked a lot if I make a backpack. I have made a couple but none this big and with so many pockets. I didn't use a pattern because I want to make it my own style. I made this one for my second oldest daughter Jillian. She helped pick out the fabrics. I love what she chose.
She wanted it to take with her on her trip to SPAIN! That's right, she is 16 and she is going to Spain for 10 days with her high school. She is going to have a wonderful time. We have been busy getting a passport, saving money, and deciding what to bring for clothes. Her great aunt sent her some Euros to take with her and that was so cool, she was thrilled.

length 15" x height 17" x width 5"
I used one of my hand dyed pieces for the pocket and a piece of a hand dyed crocheted doily for a side pocket.
The pocket on the other side fits a water bottle perfectly. I put four pockets on the inside too.

I had the zipper, I love when that happens. The pipping is made with a pretty metallic circle fabric.

I satin stitched the outside pocket with a beautiful variegated thread. I quilted the pocket with the same thread.

5 comments:

MARIKA said...

Very pretty sack :)

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

It's beautiful!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Awesome backpack.

Vicki W said...

That's fabulous!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

She better take some of your business cards with her to Europe...she will be stopped and asked where she got the beautiful bag!

Wish I was going to MQX this year.