Thursday, April 22, 2010

SAQA auction

Here is my piece I donated to the SAQA auction. You can find out about SAQA here. I joined last year and have found it to be a great resource and inspiration.
Photo by Sue Bleiweiss 2010

I made the foil leaves in a class with Melody Crust while I was in Houston 2009 at the International Quilt Festival. I printed the leaves on my hand dyed fabric. The technique is a little messy and time consuming but the results are worth it. I appliqued them onto more hand dyed fabric and quilted it will King Tut variegated threads that coordinated with the background colors.



We just finished up a week of school vacation...Kevin was home and it was awesome. Our big outing was to Boston to the MFA and then a Red Sox game! I ran into a high school classmate who had his work on display in their alumni art show...very serendipitous!

Morgan made her college decision....She is headed to Northeastern University in the fall. She will be in the nursing program, I am incredibly proud of her...she will make an excellent nurse.

Jillian went to Spain with a group from her high school. Her flight was the last one out of Heathrow (London) on 4/14 due to the Icelandic volcano. She had a wonderful time and got home without a hitch, she is a lucky girl!

Paige played in her first soccer game on Saturday and she was awesome! She was in goal for a bit and made several saves but two that insured the game stayed a tie 2-2!

Griffin had his first baseball game yesterday - I thought I would dislike baseball because the game is slower and longer than soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, but I have enjoyed it so much! In true form, for the third year in a row, he lost his new team hat before the first game...next year it stays under lock and key until game day!

2 comments:

Edzellinni said...

love your SAQA auction piece, and also the blue and white here on your masthead!

Judy Alexander said...

The leaves are really beautiful!