Monday, May 31, 2010

Commissioned Murphy Bag

I love making commissioned bags ~ it's so nice to take the vision of a client and make it into functional art! I have a wonderful client who loves my bags and has started a nice collection for herself. She sends me a nice assortment of fabrics to put together, I send her some digital shots of how I see the bag done and we go from there. I love her choices of fabrics.

She sent me the beautiful floral and I had the purple and the stripe. I machine quilted with an all over design in a variegated thread.

She likes a key fob in her bags


It has 8 pockets ~ two are a bit shorter than the rest so the cell phone and lipsticks don't get lost.


Here is the other bag she wanted made ~fabulous fabrics!










3 comments:

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

beautiful Kathleen. I love the fabrics in the second one especially.

Sue Bleiweiss said...

beautiful bags! That top one is my favorite of the two - love the colors in that.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Very nice, Mrs. Murphy!