Wednesday, June 16, 2010

inchies swap and memories saved

I have been participating in an inchie swap. An inchie is a one inch square "quilt" invented by Nadine Ruggles. I have loved receiving them in the mail. Here is a close up of each one. You can click on this picture to see them close up...so cool. We will each make a small wall quilt with our inchies and reveal them to each other in August.


As they came I put them in this little blue cup on the window sill at my kitchen sink. The cup is from the organizer of the swap...my friend Susan.


Here are a couple of extras I made. I used foil applied with fusible thread...love that stuff. They were the rejects:)


I made a treasure box for Morgan as a graduation gift. I saw the idea on TV years ago. It is filled with all of her report cards (starting in pre-K), awards, travel memorabilia, art work and her baby book. I also put in a journal I have kept about her since she was born.





This is a sampling of some of the funny stuff I saved all these years. I am assuming the teacher asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up!


I made this bag for one of Morgan's friends as a graduation gift. She had a fabulous year. She was chosen as Prom Queen, Best All Around Girl by the staff at her High School and won the Good Sport Award at the Sr. Athletics Banquet. She is a super good kid and is off to college to be a teacher, High School Biology. Good luck Christine.







3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I love your inchies. I have seen those before and thought they would be intriguing to do. How fun. I love your treasure box. How cool. Wish I had been smart enough to keep one for my daughter. I guess it's not too late. She's only 5!

lyric said...

I absolutely love all of the inchies put together - what a great idea!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

An inchie swap--now that sounds manageable! Yours are beautiful. Congrats on your daughter's graduation and all the great new bags you have made recently.