Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reversible Murphy Bag

I made a reversible Murphy Bag! I have been thinking about it for a year or so and finally did it. I realized early on in making the bags that the inside was cool too. I made this bag to have one neutral ~ the black and white side ~ and one funky side.

It has 4 pockets on the inside and 4 on the outside. I matched the patterns up perfectly. This was the tricky part of the design!

I made it for my hair stylist Linda at Attitudes in Uxbridge. She is a friend and has been for about 12 years. We have been bartering for about a year. She cuts and colors my hair, cuts all four kids hair and I make her bags in exchange!
It has one loop for the closure and a button on each side of the bag.

I made a covered button that matches up perfectly to the print.

I am working on my landscape design quilt. I have a few more elements to add and then I will quilt it....I have been thinking about that a lot....not sure what I am going to do yet. I used my new Leaves Galore ruler for the mulch bed.

I put this landscape together about 6 months ago. It is the last in the series of Fall on your Wall. They were made using a photo my husband took of Mumford Falls in Uxbridge.

I have to quilt this one too, I know what plan to do with this one.

No comments: