Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Reversible Murphy Bag

This is a commissioned Murphy Bag for a friends daughter. She is a lovely girl with a sweet smile. It was her birthday present. She came over to pick out the fabric and she did a fabulous job. She liked the idea of a reversible bag and I wanted to make another so I can keep improving on the concept.

It has an adjustable strap so it can be either a shoulder bag or a messenger bag.

I did some free motion machine quilting and added Swarovski crystals. They are permanent and you can machine wash the bag. There are four pockets on the "outside" and four on the " inside".

I used interior magnets this time for easy open and close!


Here is what it looks like after you turn it inside out!

Below is the other side. She did such a nice job selecting fabrics. I only had a small piece of the fabric on the top of the bag. It has been very popular with my clients. It is from 2008 and has been hard to find but I found some online at Sew LA Fabric .