Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hidden Treasures

I had some time this week to get some fun sewing done so I made my inchie quilt~ I took part in a swap with my quilty friends. You can see all the inchies I received in this blog post.

Hidden Treasures 10"x36"
I used batiks scraps to make it. I didn't put a lot of thought into it I just knew that I wanted to try to find a home for each inchie. I cut a bunch of 2" strips, pieced them and the cut them in 2 1/2 and 1 1/2" strips. I love all the colors~

This one is a favorite made by my friend Kathy
I love all the sequins and the butterfly.

I only used two different fabrics in the binding...I was psyched to find the blue/purple/green batik in my stash, it was perfect.

I laid it out on a bumpy surface so it looks a bit warped in reality it is very square~a goal of every quilter~One of the best part of this is that I can add more inchies to it~




No comments: