Sunday, July 18, 2010

Landscape Plan #1

I finished my landscape quilt! I submitted it to my guilds annual challenge. "escape with me" was the theme. I loved planning this quilt and look forward to making many more. I used Mistyfuse for all of the machine applique. It worked perfectly and it didn't gum up my needle while I was quilting. I bought the Goddess Sheet with my last purchase and I love it, it's always flat and I can see through it - perfect protection for someone who has been known to scorch things!

The pool fabric is from Vicki Welsh 's etsy shop. She makes gorgeous hand dyed fabric. I bought the grass fabric on my first trip to Houston, I don't remember the name of the vendor....

I loved finding the right fabrics for this piece, I had many in my stash and found little gems along the way. I made this tree separately using water soluble stabilizer and added it last. I plan to do more of this in the next one.

I quilted it the old fashioned way (sitting at my machine) and I used my older Bernina 1130.

I added a little water feature to the garden...that is the fun of making this series is being able to design your perfect oasis!

I sketched this plan a few years ago, it's a thrill to see it done!

7 comments:

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

ahhh... I'd love to pull up my comfy lawn chair, sit and enjoy the sites and water feature. This is raelly neat, Kath.

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

i had to post again... my secret code sign in word was cowee ! ! ! :) The truth!

Terri Stegmiller said...

So very lovely. I'll pull up my chair too and join you ladies, if you don't mind. Are you serving poolside drinks?

imquilternity said...

What a great idea! I love your interpretation and using Vicki's wonderful fabric for the pool was perfect.

Vicki W said...

It's fabulous and I wish my own landscape looked like that!

Sue Bleiweiss said...

this is fab Kathleen!

Claudine Intner said...

Oh, I love it! I especially love all the green bushes.