Sunday, August 08, 2010

diaper bag for a favorite cousin

I made a Murphy Bag Diaper Bag for my cousin Sarah. She is having her first baby this fall and we are all so excited for her. She is going to be a wonderful mother! I had this cute striped fabric that was perfect for the zipper and pipping. I put a 6" pocket on the outside for keys, pacifiers and cell phone... I bought this Lucite buckle at The Franklin Mill Store - they have the best stuff!!! It has an adjustable strap so it can be worn as a messenger bag or a shoulder bag. I used a cute boot fabric for one of the inside pockets. I made 5 pockets that are 8" (perfect for bottles) and 5 pockets that are 6".
I added a key fob to help keep it organized.
I free motion quilted the bag - always adds a nice texture.

1 comment:

Judy said...

these bags are fabulous!!! would you think of selling your Murphy Bag pattern?????? we have our first grandbaby due in December!

xo