Sunday, August 29, 2010

the sketchbook project part 1

I am participating in the sketchbook project. I chose facing forward as my theme. I decided to start with my scraps from my hand dyed fabrics - here's what I have been using...I can supplement with the stash on the right if needed.

when it's time to put the pages back together. 


I enjoy playing with color so these fiber sketches are testing my color theories, technical skills, quilting skills and sequencing. 

The two fiber sketches below I was methodical about my cutting and piecing but not too worried about where the colors ended up...
I was practicing some of my quilting on these two



this little fiber sketch is a Courthouse Steps block

I'm trying to create plaid quilts! I have been thinking about this for a long time, it's nice to try to work it out with fabric instead of just on paper.

6 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Great way to use up your hand dyed scraps. I love what you've got going on here so far.

arlee said...

wow! lovely colours! what's your theme?

Cathy said...

Cheese and crackers! I'm doing something *very* similar but I fused, not pieced...yours are GORGEOUS!

Sue Bleiweiss said...

These are awesome Kathleen!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Yours look great. I have been trying to work with the pages in the journal, but they are so thin and don't take paint very well. I guess I will also have to take mine out, maybe replace with other paper or Lutradur.

How are you attaching the quiltlets onto the pages?

buy lutradur bulk roll said...

wow! lovely colours! what's your theme?

buy lutradur bulk roll