Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Muphy Diaper Bag for the teacher

Griffin's teacher is having her first baby and we wanted to throw a little baby shower for her.
 
The mushroom fabric is from Japan, I bought it at the Franklin Mill Store. It wasn't easy finding fabrics from my stash to coordinate but we did it! The bag is machine washable and lightweight. It's 19" wide x 11" tall x 7" wide. The changing pad is made from a pre-quilted fabric on one side and a vinyl on the other.

 I added a key fob for easy access....
 I made a large front pocket with velrco closure for easy access....
 The zipper totally separates for easy access.....
 It has an adjustable strap so it can be worn over the shoulder or like a messenger bag. I remember having a diaper bag that has short handles and it wouldn't fit over the handle of the baby carriage...it was a bummer!
There are 10 pockets inside....4 large enough to hold baby bottles and 6 for things like pacifiers....
During the baby shower tomorrow the kids will be giving advice on taking care of the baby....have you ever seen the "How to make a turkey" project the kids do in 2nd grade? The hope is that there will be some nuggets and some laughs from their advice.








5 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a very cute bag! I think that Sue Bleiweiss took me to that store a few years ago. If it's the same one I remember, it's fabulous!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Fabulous bag and I think it would work great as a handbag too...not just for diapers!

Jaye said...

Kathleen,
I love this bag. I think you have done such a professional job on it! I also like the hardware you chose for the key chain. It is very elegant looking. I don't need a diaper bag, but am trying to think what I could use such a bag for. Thanks for sharing!

Jaye said...

I would love to know what the teacher thought. Hope she liked it!

Jaye said...

I would love to know what the teacher thought. Hope she liked it!