Thursday, September 02, 2010

SAQA Benefit Auction 2010


I belong to SAQA - Studio Art Quilt Associates. Each year they have an auction of beautiful fiber art. The auction begins 9/20/10!


The Benefit Auction is SAQA's biggest fundraiser. Last year it raised $47,325. Proceeds from the Auction support SAQA's exhibitions, publications, conferences, and outreach efforts.
This years auction has 288 gorgeous works of art up for bid at prices from $750 to $75. Here is how the auction works.

 Below are three of my favorite pieces along with the piece I donated. Each one had a tree theme but that was really coincidental. I just perused the pages of the auction and looked for the ones that first caught my eye. I could have easily chosen 
50 pieces I would like to own.

Diane Marie Chaudiere Under Cover

           Margaret Dunsmore Me First 


Tove Piraj√° Hansen Growing Roots












Kathleen Murphy Falling Foil
 
I blogged about making this piece here.

No comments: