Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Silk Fusion Lesson

I learned how to do Silk Fusion a few weeks ago and I loved it! My friend Sue, invited Kathy and Sue and I to come over to learn. It's so fun to play with the soy silk...it's better than Barbie hair...and I really loved Barbie hair:)

I made this into a  landscape...I intend to quilt it and embellish...I love the light the silk holds...
detail of the landscape
Sue had a ton of soy/silk roving for us to play with...See what I mean about Barbie hair?
Sue is a great teacher and has thought of the best possible way to do just about any technique....
I made this piece to be cut up and used on this quilt....  

Here is a detail shot ~ can you see the lavender Angelina I through in? I love that stuff...  
I have already applied Mistyfuse to one side and cut it up to play with on the top...it's my goal to get this quilt done!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very cool! I love the landscape!

Elizabeth said...

Love your Barbie Hair reference- perfect!!! I do love playing with art friends and when one is palying with silk roving...... It does not get much better!!! Beautiful landscape!!!!!

Pearl Maple said...

love the results and the colors, looks like great fun