Wednesday, October 27, 2010

passport holder for a friend...

I made a little passport holder/wallet for my friend Susan for her 50th Birthday!  She is headed to Belgium to meet up with her husband who is stationed in Afghanistan. I don't envy her having a husband serving in the military but I do envy her trip to Europe!
 
 I grabbed some scraps from the Batik basket - don't they blend beautifully?
I used a blue metallic thread for the quilting along with a variegated blue/green. I added some crystals because Susan likes sparkles:)

2 comments:

Judy said...

oh is that ever yummy!!! Surely that will keep her bittersweet visit with her husband on a happy note!

xo

Jaye said...

You are so creative! Do you ever use oilcloth for your bags? Let me know if you have any tips. What about tablecloth vinyl?