Tuesday, November 16, 2010

lots and lots of pockets

I have a great client in Florida that sends me gorgeous fabric and I make her a custom Murphy Bag. This bag was a new challange to figure out how to make these roomy pockets on the outside but this was the rquest. I think they are realy cool and will add them to the next bag I make for myself:)


She wanted the top to be larger than I tradionally do but it gave me a great place to do some free motion machine quilting. This photo is a bit decieving because the top is 4", the middle pink band is 1" and the bottom is 6". The bag is 11" tall x 14" long at the top, 6" wide.



I added a welt across the top, that always gives the bag good shape.




There are 7 fabrics in this bag each one is gorgeous.




There are 6 pockets on the outside and and 7 on the inside. One side 4 x 5 1/2" deep and one side has 3 x 8" deep. I added a key fob.


I just returned from a quilting get-a-way and got a lot of things on my list done...I will photograph and blog about them soon!

1 comment:

Lonci said...

Hello! Very spectacular, i love this:)