Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Row Robin

I am participating in a Christmas Row Robin. A year from now I will have a fabulous Christmas quilt to hang on the wall in the foyer.
This is the palette for the quilt. I enjoyed finding all the fabrics in my stash, at a quilt shop or from friends. I want it to be whimsical and fun...
I've made four of these blocks - 2 green and 2 red. The block is 13 x 18". They will be horizontal rows.


I used Mistyfuse for the applique and I tried both free-motion zig zag and regular zig zag...the later has a better outcome for me:)


I bought this package of trim at Heartbeat Quilts. I plan to embellish all the trees with the trim and buttons, crystals, and other shiny, sparkly, pretty stuff!

I made a couple of Christmas Murphy Bags ~ they were a big hit!
I am working on a couple of new styles for bags in 2011. I got this mushroom fabric from the Franklin Mill store, it's from Japan.
This fabric has been very popular! I first used it for a client in FL who likes to choose her own fabrics. She has excellent taste:) I made a bag for my daughter with the leftovers. The lady she babysits for loved it and wanted one just like it so I ordered some of it online. 

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Those are great bags and that Christmas quilt is going to be fantastic!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Ditto what Vicki said! Love the non-traditional Christmas fabrics.

Jolanda said...

Usually I don't like Christmas fabrics, but your choise is really beautifull.

Elizabeth said...

Love the Christmas Quilt so far and your bags are to die for!!! I used to shop at the Franklin Mill store all the time when I was a student at WHeaton College in Norton!!!! I would have thought that it was long gone- so good to find that they are still in business!!! Happy New YEar to You!!!