Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sketching and sketching.....

Here we are at Sue's new studio...it's absolutely marvelous!!! The Sketchbook Challenge was her great idea...our first sketch-in... we all sketched and it was great to work and talk to each other. So many creative and really, really nice people in one room.



I was having a hard time with the theme word opposites until I got to our sketch-in. I grabbed two paint brushes and said I'm going to warm up. I put no pressure on my self I just drew what I saw. I draw in pencil first then I go over it in an India ink pen. I used colored pencils to color them in. Notices it's the area left white that makes them look "real" :)


Sue had a nice pile of apples and oranges (now why didn't I think of that?) and I used water soluble crayons. I outlined my drawing in a thin blue ink before I colored it in.


This is wicked cool!!! That's my sketchbook (wide purple binding close to the center) there on the shelf at the Brooklyn Art Library along with 29,000 others. I found the picture on their facebook page. I would love to see this exhibit...


I've been doing lots of sewing too...here's my new spring bag....
 
I have to say I love the pockets in my bags....everything has a place. I don't always put it back right away but I know it has a place. 






1 comment:

Sue Bleiweiss said...

oh my gosh that is too cool that you can see your book on the shelf in that photo!