Tuesday, February 08, 2011

studio redo III

I'm lucky that I live near some really cool artists...My friend, Sue Bleiweiss, has been designing and building (along with her husband) a new studio and I got to see it last week. You can see it too because she is documenting her experience in Studios Magazine and on her blog. Sue's studio is everything an artist could ever want and more! I helped her fold her fabrics which I loved and I was lucky enough to come home with a bag of goodies. I wanted to paw through it but knew I had to clean my studio first, it was a mess!!! I wanted to experience what Sue is about to experience ~ the joy of having space and knowing where all your stuff is...it's a fleeting feeling but one worth having.

Before.....
After.....
everything's folded and put in it's place....
found a place to put my ribbons...a group quilt made by my guild in 1996...

refolded my hand dyed fabrics.....
The peg board is organized with my favorite tool ~ my Leaves Galore Templates (orange with curves) designed by another friend Sue Pelland.

Sue B. told me to pass on anything I didn't want or need. I was planning to fill another bundle for the Iraqi Bundles of Love and now I have enough for two bundles. It's a wonderful program a quilters husband started to get sewing supplies to woman in Iraq.
Maybe this post will inspire you to purge/reorganize and send a bundle to?




Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Sue Bleiweiss said...

Your studio looks great! Love those wicker baskets with the handles on them.

Jaye said...

Nice space! I love the table you have for your sewing machines.