Monday, March 07, 2011

Commissioned Laptop Murphy Bag

This is a commissioned Murphy Bag made to hold an Mac Pro Air, Ipad and blackberry specifically. It will fit lots of other stuff too.
The center pocket with the key fabric is for the Mac Pro Air ~ it's a sling style pocket. It hangs in the bag so the precious contents don't touch the bottom of the bag. I used double padding for this pocket.
The pocket on the top of the photo is 3D so-to-speak and therefor allows for cords and other bulky things.
The pocket on the left is for the Ipad and then there are two pockets on the right. The checkered fabric is for the blackberry.
It can be worn as a shoulder bag or messenger style.

My bags are available at a cool shop in Wrentham, MA called Bambi's Vive Le Chic! Bambi is a visionary who wants to make art available to everyone. The store is full of one-of-a-kind gifts made by over 100 artists from New England.

4 comments:

Donna Becker said...

LOVE the bag! Especially the use of the "sling."

Elizabeth said...

BEEEEAUTIFUL work Kathleen!!! An IPAD is on my list. When I am lucky enough to get one , I will be in touch!! Hugs! E

Sara Creazioni said...

Very beautiful and perfect bag!!
Many compliments for yours works!

Bye bye
Sara

Judy said...

I love that bag and also your mushroom bag. I am designing fabrics (in my mind) that I would like you to use for my Murphy Bag. How much fabric do you need? I won't be till May before I can get to it - I'm sure that is fine with you, right?

xo