Thursday, March 24, 2011

decisions made and stuff getting done...

It's an exciting time here at our house, Jillian is graduating in just a few months. She made her decision as to where she will go to college. She chose Suffolk University in Boston. I'm thrilled that she will be close to home, but in a fabulous city. It's also convenient that she will be near Morgan at Northeastern.
I made the last of a series of small wall quilts called Fall On Your Wall for my friend, Julie, for her 50th birthday. She and I met during a crazy time while living in Uxbridge. She ended up running and winning a spot of the Board of Selectmen for three consecutive terms. She brought intelligence and calm to the BOS. The inspiration for the quilt series came from a photo my husband took of the Mumford River in Uxbridge and I thought it would be a nice reminder for Julie.



I've been busy making ice/heat therapy bags. Hopefully I'll get them in my etsy shop soon.


I've also been getting lots of bags done, still trying to finish one bag a day. 

3 comments:

Judy said...

What a beautiful daughter!! And you are right: such exciting times- sort of bitter sweet for you, I think.

Your therapy bags are gorgeous - you do such a great job of mixing and matching your colors. I will get busy with my fabrics in another few weeks - can't wait for my Murphy Knitting bag! ;-)

xo

Vicki W said...

Your daughter is beautiful and looks exactly like you! You have been a "making machine". So many beautiful things!

Deb H said...

They grow up so fast!

Best wishes for her.

The bags are FAB!