Saturday, March 12, 2011

Inchie Swap again....

I'm participating in an Inchie Swap again...I made them using a funky fabric, fusible thread, foil, variegated thread, and crystals. I used a postcard-sized piece of fast 2 fuse to make 16 Inchies.
My guild just had it's semi-annual Get-A-Way weekend. We went to the Sturbridge Host Hotel in Sturbridge, MA. I was able to get several Murphy Bag fronts done. They are fused on to fusible batting and are now on my frame ready to be quilted.
During the GAW I pieced the rest of a quilt Jillan (17) started a few years ago. She chose all the fabrics, she has a good eye. I plan to give it to her at her graduation party.  She hasn't decided which college to go to yet. Either UMass Amherst or UMaine Oreno in their Environmental Science Programs.
I love this combination of Westminster fabrics and batiks. 
I bought a new iron recently, so far so good. I have spent a lot of money on irons over the past 20 years and they all have their flaws. This one get nice and hot but some of the control buttons are on the handle. I have shut it off, or changed the settings while ironing, something I will have to get used to. 
It has a nice sole plate. I don't put water in my irons anymore. I use a spray bottle instead. Too many times my work would be dirtied when using the steam feature. The spray bottle works great for me.
You can see the quilts from the previous Inchie Swap here

No comments: